He's changed so much in the last two months!
- He now has two teeth. The first one he got right around 6 months. The second right around 7.
- He can now go from being on his belly to pushing up into a sitting position. He's been doing this for a couple of weeks now.
- Within the past week, he's decided he's no longer content with the view from the floor, and he's started pulling himself up into a standing position. This one I can't even believe as Philip was not doing that at this age. But so far Andrew is doing everything sooner so I guess it just goes along with the territory of being the little brother!
- He's eating all kinds of purees now and we just started giving him little Gerber Puffs to give self-feeding a try. He loves to eat from a spoon, but his fine motor skills still need some work when it comes to getting the Puffs from the high chair tray into his mouth.
- Sleeping... yeah. Some nights are good. He might do as much as an eight hour stretch on a rare night, say 8 PM to 4 AM. Other nights maybe six. But those nights are not as frequent as the nights where he's up every 3-4 hours or sometimes even more often than that. I am so desperate for the sleep through the night milestone. I was patient up until the 6 month mark because that's when Philip started doing 10-12 hour stretches. Now I'm just panicked and a wee bit pissed off that we're not there yet.
- Favorite things:
- He loves to crawl. He's still pulling himself around on the floor mostly, or doing a modified frog kinda hop. Not totally up on his knees yet. He's not so interested in being confined, but he will tolerate jumping in the Jumperoo for a small stretch of time. Anything that helps build up his strength!
- He loves his big brother and his big brother's toys! Philip has become less enthused about the latter, especially when everything Andrew finds goes straight into his mouth. For the most part, Philip is good about sharing, but we definitely have to remind him. A lot.
- He loves playing with balls.
- He loves the vacuum cleaner. When I get it out while he's on the floor, he all but attacks it, moving as fast as he can to try to catch it. So funny!
- He loves to eat. It's so funny how he opens his mouth wide in anticipation of a spoonful of baby food now. Or other things! We went out for ice cream at the Carousel over the weekend and decided to let him try a couple of bits of vanilla ice cream. The look of anticipation on his face was hilarious!
- He loves to hear his own voice. He's loud, that's for sure. He'll babble "ah-ba-ba-ba-ba!" forever. He also does a funny noise where he sucks in his breath and makes an "eeeheeeeeee!" sound over and over again.
- The stroller and sitting in the grocery cart seat. He loves going for rides in both!
- Not-so-favorite Things:
- Sleep. LOL. Well, he is on a better nap pattern now, taking two approximately one hour naps per day and a half hour in the evening if we let him.
- The car. He's getting better about car rides, thank goodness, but it's still not his favorite thing. Not by a long shot.
- Having his nose wiped. Both boys have had one runny nose after another and Andrew absolutely hates it when I come after him with a tissue.
- Having something taken away from him that he was playing with but that he wasn't supposed to have. He's already throwing a fit when that happens. It's hilarious and kind of scary at the same time. I thought babies at this age were mostly still oblivious to that kind of thing!
He's definitely a hands-on, physical baby. His name Andrew means "strong and manly" and it's definitely a good fit. While he may not be manly yet, oh my gosh is this kid strong. His legs are like solid baby muscle under a layer of baby blubber and sometimes getting things away from him takes a little more effort than one would think, things like, oh, my hair, which he's constantly grabbing. Ouch.
I'm sure there are things I'm missing, but that's all that comes to mind right now. In short, he's changing every day and doing everything sooner than Philip did. He won't be a baby for much longer at this rate which kind of breaks my heart, although I'm looking forward to seeing the toddler he becomes and watching how his relationship with Philip develops and changes. I can't wait until the day when they are really able to play together like little buddies!