Andrew turned three months old this past Wednesday. How the heck did that happen already?! What they say about it going even faster with the second baby is so true. These past three months have been a blur. I can't believe Andrew is already a quarter of a year old. He's so different from the newborn we brought home in August.
He is growing and changing by leaps and bounds! Our chunky monkey is such a contrast to our first baby, who was itty bitty at 6 lbs 3 oz and is still on the smaller side at just around 25 pounds at age 2. Andrew is already foiling my plans for lots of hand-me-downs by outgrowing his clothing far more rapidly than Philip ever did. Case in point: Philip was in newborn sizes until he was 2 months old. At 3 months old, Andrew is in 3-6 months sizes and steadily outgrowing those! He's not unusually large, by any means, but he has such a nice little baby heft to him . He's so cuddly and he has the best little cheeks for lots of kisses. He's just a beautiful baby, if I do say so myself. ;-) He's got silky blonde hair, and lots of it, and the prettiest blue eyes that absolutely light up when he smiles his big open-mouthed smile.
He's definitely attached to mommy. Oh my. Most of which probably has to do with the colic and stomach issues he's dealt with, and the fact that I am his food supply, of course. He's just now starting to come around to daddy if that is any indicator of the level of attachment we are dealing with here. I honestly don't mind it though. I know before long daddy will be the one in demand and he won't be so eager to cuddle with mama. I am treasuring our bonding time together. Little boys grow up fast.
Milestones from Andrew's 3rd month of life include:
- Improved hand-eye coordination. He loves to lay in his play mat and bat at the colorful toys dangling in front of him. He holds on to objects that find their way into his hands. He likes to hang onto mommy's necklace or hair (ouch) while he's nursing. He's got a super strong grip!
- Cooing and babbling. He's "talking" up a storm! He'll frequently let out these long sighs that turn into an exaggerated coo. So cute.
- Recognizing mommy. He gets so excited when he spies me. His arms fly out anda he starts smiling and cooing.
- Eating. He's still nursing every two hours and breastfeeding is still going well.
- Sleeping.. nothing great to report here. Lately, he's been waking up very frequently. He normally does okay until about 3 am and then he's up a couple of times per hour until morning. I think the change in the weather has caused him to become stuffed up over night and he has a hard time breathing through his nose. I've tried everything to help with this and to no avail. Such a bummer because I don't think his sleep is going to improve until we get this stuffy nose problem under control.
- The colic appears to be subsiding--Praise God!